Excited to be directing the 24 Hour Plays at Hennepin Theater Trust!
Thrilled to be directing RHINOCEROS with the incredibly inventive 7th House Theater.
Opening Inauguration night and running 2 weeks – late night and Monday shows for those of you in productions of your own.
Come check it out – it’s amazing how much it speaks to this moment.
I directed a hysterical and topical series for screens – The Feminist Cooking Show.
Check us out!
I’m thrilled to announce that I’ll be directing HOUSE OF BERNARDA ALBA for Atlantic Theater School and GOD OF VENGEANCE for New School, both here in NYC.
I’m also continuing development of new works with Dipika Guha (GAMAN) and Lauren Feldman (FILL OUR MOUTHS).
The past six months of directing adventures have included:
– Tarell McCraney’s THE ANTONY & CLEOPATRA project for The McCarter Theater,
– working with the Public Theater/Oregon Shakespeare Festival on a co-produced workshop of Rhianna Yazzie’s historcialy-based drama about Pocahontas, MATACHANNA, at the Inge Center in Kansas,
– a staged reading of Sarah Burgess’ hysterically heart-breaking CAMDENSIDE with Stu42,
– a workshop of Dipika Guha’s lyric, epic and gorgeous GAMAN with Fault Line Theater
– presenting my adaptation of Wedekind’s LULU for both the Drama League and Dixon Place.
It’s been a completely rewarding and invigorating time.
I would like to say that I will post more often, but I don’t want to lie to you.
Thanks for keeping up with my work!
The World’s Fair Plays are a NYT Critics Pick this week!
Read the review here, and learn more about this “inventively staged” production.
We’re flying high at Dixon Place – this is truly a unique, death-defying, gorgeous 60 minutes of performance. Village Voice and NY Times recommended – don’t miss it!
That’s So NY stopped by an AOB tech rehearsal and I gave a short interview.
There’s some beautiful b-roll of Dipika Guha’s The Art of Gaman, and you can catch the feature on PBS throughout March – as well as right here any time you want.
The Architecture of Becoming
The 15 hottest theater artists in NYC bring you this evocative theatrical tapestry.
written by Kara Lee Corthron, Sarah Gancher, Virginia Grise, Dipika Guha, Lauren Yee
directed by Elena Araoz, Lydia Fort, Lauren Keating
produced by Deadria Harrington, Jane Jung, Meropi Peponides, Aktina Stathaki, Lanie Zipoy
February 28 – March 23, 2014
2:30pm & 7:30pm Saturday
90 mins, no intermission
– See more at: http://wptheater.org/show/the-architecture-of-becoming/#sthash.0j8N7FfE.dpuf